Addressing an Estranged Child in Your Will & Trust – Q&A With J. C. Highsmith, Jr.

Q: If I don’t want my estranged child to receive an inheritance at my death, do I need to leave them a minimal amount in my Will or Trust?

A: No, so long as a Will or Trust clearly show that the estranged child has merely not been forgotten about, but a provision has been done stating that you love the estrange child but have chosen to leave nothing to them. The fact that the child receives nothing does not increase the likelihood that the Will or Trust will be “broken”.

Similar Posts